The Truth About You…My Superhero
Jesus Loves Everyone. (even mean people)
“We love because he first loved us.”
1 John 4:19
This week you get two lessons for the price of one! (free that is) On March 26th we heard the story of Jesus healing Simon’s mother in law (Mark 9:29-39), and on April 2nd we heard the story of Zacchaeus (Luke 19:1-10).
- If you could have a super power what would it be? Would it be a super power that could help people?
- When Jesus healed Simon’s mother in law he showed everybody he had a superpower and could heal people, how did people react to that? (they all brought people for Jesus to heal)
- Did Jesus heal those people? Did he stick around to keep healing people? Why did he tell the disciples he was leaving?
- When we meet Zacchaeus was his body sick? Did it need healing? What part of Zacchaeus was “sick”? (his heart)
- How did Zacchaeus change after he had lunch with Jesus? Did he stay a mean guy?
- Has anyone ever been mean to you? Is it easy or hard to love someone who’s been mean to you? Have you ever been mean?
- Jesus will always love us. Always, always, always, no matter if we’ve been mean, or bad, or unkind. He wants to heal and change our hearts to be more like him, that’s why he came to rescue us!
- It’s not always easy to love other people, but 1 John 4:19 tells us that Jesus loves us no matter what and, with Jesus’ help, we can learn to love others (even if they’re mean!).
- Pray together and ask God to help our hearts to change to be loving and kind, just like Jesus.
Take a look at this video, it’s another story of how Jesus healed someone and the real reason he came (hint: it wasn’t JUST to heal people’s bodies)
Then watch this fun song about Zacchaeus!