The Truth About You…My Lighthouse
Trusting God’s Plan
“Send me your light and your faithful care, let them lead me; let them bring me to your holy mountain, to the place where you dwell.”
Let’s start with this.
This week we are talking about trusting God and His plan for us. This is not something that is easy to do. Just like the person in this video, I don’t want to jump when it doesn’t look safe. But, God knows the plan. God sees things we can’t see. This is why we need to let God lead us, in the good times and the bad times.
Read the story of Joseph. If you have the Jesus Storybook Bible, it’s called The Forgiving Prince. Or pick up your Bible and read Genesis 37 and 39 to 45. Or, you can watch this video again.
1. How many brothers did Joseph have?
2. Joseph’s brothers made a very bad decision, what was it?
3. Would you like to be a slave? How would you feel if you were forced to be a slave, far away from home and away from your family?
I’m thinking Joseph probably wasn’t super happy and joyful about being a slave, but God was still with him, and Joseph found a way to stay focused on God.
4. Later, Joseph goes to jail for something he didn’t do. Have you ever been punished for something you didn’t do? How did it make you feel? What did you do?
Well, even though this other bad, unfair thing happened to Joseph, God was still with him. God won’t stop all the bad and unfair things from happening. Why? Because, God gave us the freedom to make our own choices. This means that we can still make bad choices and other people can still make bad choices. But, no matter what, God will always be with us.
5. Even though bad things were happening, Joseph did not turn away from God. He continued to trust God, he continued to listen to God. Joseph was known for being able to understand dreams. How was he able to do this?
6. What was Pharoah’s dream? What did the dream mean?
7. How does the story end? Was God’s plan for Joseph good or bad?
Joseph trusted the promise that God would carry him safe to shore. When bad things happen to you, will you stay focused on God? Will you trust God’s plan for you and trust that God will bring you safe to shore?