The Truth About You…My Superhero
God hears and helps!
“As for me, I call to God, and the Lord saves me.
Evening, morning, and noon I cry out in distress,
and he hears my voice.”
This week in Kidventure we talked about how God always hears his people when they call out to him. We learned about when the Israelites (God’s people) called out to him for help and he heard them and rescued them. You can read the story in the Bible starting in Exodus 5 or you can watch this video (it’s a long story to read):
Now that you know the story, answer these questions:
1. In Psalm 55 it uses the word “distress” what does that mean? Were the Israelites in distress and unhappy? (Yes! They were stuck as slaves; Pharaoh made them work very hard and did not care if they were happy, hot, hurt, hungry, tired, etc.)
2. Did Pharaoh want to let the Israelites go? (No, he wanted to keep them as slaves.) 3. Did God hear his people’s cry for help? What did he do? (Yes! God sent the 10 plagues to try to convince Pharaoh to let his family go.)
4. What did God tell his people to do when the angel passed by their homes? (He told the families to put the blood of a lamb above the doors so that the angel would pass by, and they would be protected.)
5. Just like that lamb died to save the oldest sons, who came and died to save us? (Jesus!)
6. What did God’s family do after they were rescued and walked through the Red Sea? (They celebrated and thanked him with music and dancing!) 7. Can you think of a time when you called out to God for help and he heard you and helped you? Pray together and thank God for always hearing us and always helping us.
Then check out the video for the new song we learned on Sunday!